Thursday, December 5, 2013

IELTS and TOEFL Tests - How to Pass Them

Are you scared that you will fail in your English proficiency test? Don’t worry, you have already passed it.

Your test may be 2 months away, 3 weeks away, or tomorrow. Whenever you start to worry regarding your test, replace your disturbing feelings about the future with optimistic thoughts. Tell yourself the correct number of years you have been learning English language: I know English very well. I have been studying English for ten years. I am confident to pass my exam. These sentences are called affirmations. An affirmation is an unusual type of verdict that has the command to transform a negative state of mind into a positive manner.

If you have already given this test and did not passed, I advise to think of it now as you had already passed it. Yes, you will have to take the test once again. Candidate who studied English in school or college for several years already know how to speak, listen, write and read English. Consider that this test is just a formality to go through.

If your mind is in a relaxed state before the test day, it is good to study all you want. Before the test, rest and sleep at night. In the morning of the test, take heavy breakfast. If you feel some tension regarding test, you may not perform good on your test. Affirmations can guide you stop upsetting. Below is a list of affirmations for your test day. Say these words, silently or loudly, again and again, until you are in a peaceful state of mind:

I read English well.
I am relaxed in the exam room.
I can write well in English.
I recognize all the questions.
I know English very well.
I am calm taking this test.
I am calm taking this test.
I speak English well.
This test is easy.
Listening to English is simple for me.
I am so happy I passed my test.

Have you ever read the whole dictionary of the English language? It is big collection of words! The English language is huge! No one knows all those words, not even English language professors teaching and training in academy. I am a local speaker of English, and when I write, I repeatedly have to cross everything out and begin again. You are right to think that English is a tough language, but you are not right to be anxious about that.

So, stop upsetting about your English. Your work is just to calm down and stay in a positive state of mind. Be reasonable! To pass the test, you only have to be good enough, not ideal.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...